Shoptalk Europe 2023
Hosted Retailers & Brands Programme
Terms & Conditions for Retailers and Brands
- Free Tickets & Travel Allowance: Shoptalk Europe’s Hosted Retailers & Brands Programme provides a complimentary Shoptalk Europe ticket and a reimbursement allowance of up to €650 towards travel/hotel expenses per person for qualifying individuals from retailers and brands.
- Qualifications: To qualify, individuals must: (a) be responsible for buying or evaluating retail or ecommerce technology or other solutions for their companies, and (b) take up to eight (8) 15-minute onsite meetings with participating sponsors, which are based on a double opt-in process so that they are useful to everyone.
- Meeting Times: You commit to being available for all four time slots dedicated for Hosted Programme meetings on 9 May, 10 May, 11 May 2023 until you receive your final schedule immediately prior to the event. Your final set of eight (8) 15-minute meetings may be spread across one, two or all four hours, they may not be back-to-back. You will not need to miss any agenda sessions for these meetings.
- Travel Arrangements: You are responsible for making your own travel and accommodation arrangements to attend Shoptalk Europe.
- Programme Participation: We will contact you prior to Shoptalk Europe to arrange your meetings using our Shoptalk Europe platform. You agree to participate in this process, including (a) completing a short survey with questions about your company and job role (b) participating in a double opt-in process to select sponsors for potential meetings, and (c) adding meetings to your calendar. Following Shoptalk Europe, you agree to provide post-event feedback on the Programme and each meeting and to provide receipts for expenses. You agree to respond to all of our requests within our stated deadlines. Unresponsiveness to our deadlines and outreach to you may result in you being placed on a blacklist that will prevent you from qualifying for Shoptalk Europe’s Hosted Programme for one or more future years.
- One-to-One Meetings: We do not entertain requests to combine meetings with other individuals from your organisation that might also be participating in the Hosted Programme. If more than one person from your organisation is enrolled in the Hosted Programme, each person must complete their own set of up to eight (8) one-to-one meetings to qualify for the Hosted Programme. If you are unable to attend your meetings alone for any reason, you will not be eligible to receive a travel/hotel reimbursement or complimentary Shoptalk Europe ticket.
- Failure to Complete Meetings: If you pick up your Shoptalk Europe badge onsite or otherwise attend Shoptalk Europe but do not complete your scheduled meetings: (a) we will not be responsible for any costs associated with your travel or hotel and you will not receive any reimbursement, (b) your credit card will be charged €1,895 for your Shoptalk Europe ticket per the authorisation you agree to below, and (c) you may also be placed on a blacklist that will prevent you from qualifying for Shoptalk Europe’s Hosted Programme for one or more future years. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to prorate your travel/hotel reimbursement calculated based on the total meetings for which you were scheduled.
- Cancellation & Substitutes: If you are approved for the Hosted Retailers & Brands Programme but become unable to participate even though you are still with your organisation, you agree to suggest one or more substitutes from your organisation as your replacement in the Programme. Acceptance of any substitute is subject to our prior approval via email. If you cancel your participation in the Hosted Programme and are not able to provide a substitute approved by us, this may result in you being placed on a blacklist that will prevent you from qualifying for Shoptalk Euope’s Hosted Programme for one or more future years.
- Notice of Employment Change: If you (a) are no longer employed by, or (b) become aware prior to Shoptalk Europe that you will no longer be employed at the time of Shoptalk Europe or after Shoptalk Europe by the retailer or brand based upon which you were approved to participate in the Hosted Programme, you must let us know immediately upon your becoming aware so that we can cancel your participation in the Programme. In such cases, you will no longer be eligible to participate in the Programme or to receive a travel/hotel reimbursement or complimentary Shoptalk Europe ticket. Failure to notify us may result in you being placed on a blacklist that will prevent you from qualifying for Shoptalk Europe’s Hosted Programme for one or more future years. At all times, including following Shoptalk Europe, we reserve the right to only communicate with you at your work email address regardless of any other email address you may have provided or we may have otherwise used.
- Reimbursement Process: As the final step to receiving your travel and hotel reimbursement of up to €650 in travel/hotel expenses, we require that you complete a feedback form providing specific evaluations of each meeting (we will also ask participating sponsors to provide feedback on their meetings with you). Please note that Shoptalk Europe will not reimburse for any mileage, points or rewards used for travel. Reimbursement is conditioned upon completing all of your scheduled meetings and submitting the feedback survey and travel/hotel receipts following the event within our stated deadlines.
- Credit Card Details: You agree to provide your credit card information, and authorise us to process a €1 charge on your credit card as part of your Shoptalk Europe ticket registration. You also authorise us to charge the cost of your ticket at the rate of €1,895 to your credit card if you do not complete your scheduled meetings as described in section (7) above.
- Information Sharing: Shoptalk Europe reserves the right to share any information you provide to us with participating sponsors at various stages of the Hosted Programme process. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will share your email address only after the event with those participating sponsors that you met as part of the Hosted Programme.
Qualification for the Hosted Retailers & Brands Programme is determined solely by Shoptalk Europe and may be revoked at any time. By completing registration, you agree to these Hosted Retailers & Brands Programme Terms & Conditions.