Terms of Attendance and Participation
Last Revised: 23 November, 2021These terms and conditions together with any other documentation relating to your registration (“the Terms”) including the rules and regulations of the owner or operator of the venue in which the event is taking place (“Venue”) form the basis on which Shoptalk grants Participants the right to attend Shoptalk Europe (“the Event”)
For the purposes of these Terms “Participant” means you (as the individual booking the delegate passes and any other individual within your company on behalf of whom you are booking the delegate tickets in their capacity as a delegate to the Event. Participant shall be taken to include “Participants” unless the context otherwise requires.
If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual, you confirm that you have made the Participant aware of these Terms and have authority to enter into these Terms on behalf of them.
WHO ARE WE?
- Hyve International Events Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with a registered office address at 2 Kingdom Street, London, England W2 6JG (company number 02801121).
- Hyve International Events Limited is the organiser of the Event.
- By registering to participate in the Event and/or attending the Event you agree to comply with these Terms.
- If you do not comply with these Terms, both we and the Venue may restrict your access to the Event and/or remove you from the Venue as well as exercising any other rights or remedies we might have as a result of your non-compliance.
- The version of these Terms in force on the day you purchase the Ticket shall apply to you. However, we reserve the absolute right to change these Terms from time to time without notice. Accordingly, you should check these Terms each time you register for an event.
REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT
- Please follow the onscreen prompts to register for the Event. You may only register using the method set out on our Site.
- After you register, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received it, but please note that this does not mean that your registration has been accepted. Our acceptance of your registration will take place as described in paragraph 3.3
- Our acceptance of your registration takes place when we send an email to you to accept it. If we cannot accept your registration, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your registration. Please note that we will not take any Fees that are due from you in respect of your registration until we have confirmed your acceptance. All Fees will be required to be paid in accordance with clause 6 below. Once your acceptance has been confirmed and we have received the relevant payment we will issue you with a ticket (“Ticket”) as evidence of your registration.
- Your purchase of a Ticket only entitles you to admittance at the Event. All other costs associated with your attendance (e.g.travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and we shall have no liability for such costs.
- Tickets and appropriate photographic identification must be produced for inspection upon request by any official, steward or third party authorised by us at the Venue or any police officer and/or on re-admission (if re-entry is permitted). Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the Venue or not being allowed to re-enter the Venue (if re-entry is permitted). On first admission to the Event, you will be provided with an attendee badge. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in the Event areas and you must not share, transfer, sell or trade your badge.
- You must comply with any safety regulations and announcements when attending the Event and must comply with the reasonable instructions of any officials or any of our or staff or representatives at the Venue.
- While at the Venue you will not engage in any conduct or activity that, in our view or the view of the Venue: (i) creates a dangerous situation; (ii) puts at risk an individual’s personal security; (iii) is against public order; (iv) interferes with the commercialisation of the Event and/or the rights of Event sponsors (including by marketing, promoting or advertising any brand); (v) interferes in any way with the orderly execution of the Event; or (vi) disrupts the enjoyment of the Event (vi) which any other participant, sponsor or exhibitor at the Event may find offensive, defamatory or derogatory in anyway.
- If you act in such a way that breaches this paragraph 5 or are otherwise in breach of any Venue regulations, we (and/or the Venue) may refuse admission to or remove you from the Venue without a refund.
- Applicable fees are due upon confirmation of registration. If payment is not made by the due date, is insufficient or is declined for any reason, any Ticket that may have been issued will be automatically cancelled and you will be refused entry to the Event.
- Fees may be subject to sales tax, value added tax or other taxes and duties, which if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fee for the Ticket.
- Payments can only be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer in pounds sterling (unless otherwise agreed with us). We shall not be held responsible for any bank charges or transaction fees incurred by you or any Participants for whom you are booking.
- Once you have purchased a Ticket, your fees will not be adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount or any other reason. Furthermore, if you purchased a Ticket at a discounted rate and fail to make payment when the payment is due, the discount will no longer apply and we reserve the right to charge the rate applicable at the time that payment is made.
- There are no special rates for daily attendance or any other form of part attendance. Even if you attend one day or only part of the Event you will have to buy a Ticket for the whole Event. If you register using a special rate that is not applicable to you, you hereby give us the right to charge your card for the difference, upon us giving you notice that we do not agree with your selection of a special rate.
- No discount codes will be honoured for onsite attendance. Discount codes may not be used with certain promotions.
- You shall not be entitled to withhold any payment of the Fees (in whole or in part) due to us on the basis that you have or may have a claim, counter claim or right of set-off against us.
- You are responsible for making your own arrangements to attend the Event including travel and accommodation. Unless any item is specifically referred to in the description of the Ticket, you should assume it is not provided. If the Event is cancelled, altered or postponed, we will not be responsible for any costs of travel, accommodation or other items of expenditure which you have incurred
SUBSTITUTION AND LOST BADGE POLICY
- You acknowledge and shall bring to the attention of all Participants that all Tickets purchased for the Event are non-refundable and cannot be transferred save as set out in clause 7.2 below. If you or any Participants that you have purchased Tickets for do not attend, payment will continue to be due if it has not already been made.
- It is your responsibility to check and ensure that you obtain (at your expense) all necessary and appropriate documents for entry into the country where the Event is being held. This includes, but is not limited to, valid passport, visa, vaccination certificates, health and personal insurance documents that you require to attend the Event.
- If you purchase a Ticket for the Event and can no longer attend, we do not allow you to substitute such Ticket for attendance at any future event that we organise. You do, however, have the ability, via the site, to reassign your Ticket to another person, provided that you make them aware that their attendance at the Event shall be subject to these Terms.
- If you have purchased a Ticket and then become a confirmed speaker at the Event, you are not entitled to a refund.
- Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person. Registered attendees cannot convert their passes to complimentary sponsor passes.
EVENT ALTERATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
- We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to alter, interrupt, reschedule or postpone the advertised content, timing, date, name and/or location of the Event. We will use our reasonable efforts to communicate such changes to you but where we in our sole discretion do not believe that such changes are material to the Event we cannot guarantee that you will be informed of such changes and it is your responsibility to check the Event website for any changes.
- If the Event is cancelled (i.e. not held at all) or materially postponed for anything other than a force majeure event (as described in clause 15.5), we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of such material change and you shall be entitled to (a) right to transfer payments that have already been made as payment towards the postponed event; or (b) a refund of any fees already paid.
- Each party acknowledges that in performing its obligations under this Agreement, it will comply with applicable laws, statutes and regulations from time to time in force relating to data protection including but not limited to Applicable Data Protection Legislation.
The following terms shall have the meaning given to them below:
- “Applicable Data Protection Legislation” means (a) unless any national data protection laws implementing laws and regulations relating to data protection in the UK and any amendments or successor to such legislation;
- “Personal Data” shall be as defined by Applicable Data Protection Legislation and where not defined, it means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person;
- “Processing” shall be as defined by Applicable Data Protection Legislation and where not defined, means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means.
- To the extent that the Participant or you collect Personal Data at the Event, the Participant and you acknowledge that you are responsible as data controller for compliance with Applicable Data Protection Legislation in respect of any collection and subsequent Processing of Personal Data that the Participant collects, through electronic scanning of Identification badges or otherwise. Whether in the course of your or the Participants attendance at the Event or in relation to any other activities related to the Event.
- All intellectual property rights and similar and related rights (including without limitation trademarks, copyright, design rights, know-how, confidential information and goodwill) in and relating to the Event, and in all materials provided by or distributed at or in connection with the Event (“Intellectual Property Rights”) are owned by us (or the applicable third party licensor). You undertake not to reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce the Intellectual Property Rights without our prior written consent.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under licence by us; nor do these Terms and Conditions grant to you any right or licence to any other Intellectual Property Rights, all of which shall at all times remain our exclusive property.
- We, the Venue or third parties appointed and/or authorised by us or them shall have the right to broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, films, recordings or images that we take at the Event in perpetuity without requirement of the payment of money or other form of consideration to you. You waive any rights to object to such recording, broadcasting or other dissemination on an irrevocable, worldwide perpetual basis.
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
We and the Venue have the exclusive right to determine what objects may or may not be brought into the Venue by you. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing and without limitation you shall not bring in:
- any firearm, ammunition, dangerous weapon or object, explosive, chemicals or incendiary device;
- any objects that may cause damage to persons and/or property, or cause disturbance to the regular and orderly execution of the Event (as determined by us or the Venue in our absolute discretion);
- any other item, object or material that that the Venue prohibits in accordance with its terms of entry and/or which we or the Venue may deem dangerous or that may cause damage or disruption to the Event or the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees.
- any matter material, pamphlets or other advertising which infringes the intellectual property rights of another party or is defamatory in anyway.
- We and the Venue have the exclusive right to determine what objects may or may not be brought into the Venue by you. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing and without limitation you shall not bring in:
- We and/or the Venue may conduct security searches to ensure safety at the Event.
- If you refuse a security search or refuse to comply with rules and security notices published at the Venue, you will be required to immediately leave the Venue or be refused access to the Venue without refund.
BUSINESS ETHICS AND ANTI-CORRUPTION
You warrant and shall procure that the Participants warrant that:
- You comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010;
- Comply with such anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies as are notified to you;
- Report to us any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received in connection with these Terms and/or the Event.
- You warrant and shall procure that the Participants warrant that:
FORCE MAJEURE AND OTHER LIABILITIES
Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for:
- Death or personal injury;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable laws.
- We cannot guarantee an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of the Event and no representation or warranty is given as to the quality or content of the Event.
- We are not are liable for any failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise to the extent that the failure is caused by (a) any cause outside of our control preventing us from hosting or staging the Event (in whole or part) at the Venue or otherwise from entering the Venue; or (b) where the following occurs or there exists a real likelihood or material threat of the following occurring: any other event, act, statute rule regulation or act of any government or any other legally constituted authority, non-happening, omission or accident (including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters acts of God, war (whether declared or not), threat of or preparation for war, terrorist activity, failure of public utilities or civil commotion, royal demise) beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not (whether in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise) be responsible for any business or economic losses including but not limited to: loss of profit; revenue; contracts; anticipated savings; or opportunity; or any indirect loss that was not reasonably foreseeable to both us and you when the registration was made.
- Subject to clause 15.1, in any event our maximum liability to you under or connection with these Terms and Conditions, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, is to refund to you the price paid by you for the relevant Ticket.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for:
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms and Conditions and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect whatsoever.
- Any failure or delay to enforce these Terms shall not mean that our rights under these Terms are waived.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions cannot be enforced for any reason this shall not prevent the remaining provisions from continuing to apply.
- Each party shall do and execute, or arrange for the doing and executing of, any act and/or document reasonably requested of it by any other party to implement and give full effect to these Terms.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms and Conditions or any Ticket which is not already set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms are governed by English Law and any disputes arising out of any transaction with us are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.